Simple Kale and Chicken Sausage Pasta
This simple pasta dish is made with quality ingredients for a quick weeknight meal or a deceptively impressive dish to serve guests.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time22 mins
- 8- oz dry bowtie pasta can use other forms of pasta, just adjust pasta cooking time per package instructions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups kale stems removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 package spicy Italian chicken sausage pre-cooked, diced
- ¼ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese plus extra to garnish if desired
- Juice from ¼ lemon
- Salt and Pepper
Bring medium pot of water to a boil. Once boiling add bowtie pasta and boil for 12 minutes, or until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and kale. Add pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook until kale begins to wilt, about 5 minutes.
Add in cherry tomatoes and chicken sausage. Cook until sausage is warmed through and tomatoes begin to break down, about 10 minutes.
Once pasta is cooked, drain but set aside ¼ cup of pasta water.
Add reserved pasta water and parmesan cheese to skillet and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and add any additional salt and pepper to taste.
Divide pasta evenly between 4 bowls and top each with sausage and kale mixture. Serve with additional parmesan cheese if desired.