Can you believe we’re more than half way through August?! Since the summer is starting to come to a close, this week’s meal plan soaks up the best of summer produce with fresh strawberries, cherries, and zucchini. As always, if you aren’t familiar with my meal planning guides, be sure to check out this post first.
Hope you’re all having a lovely summer weekend. Bry and I are continuing to take advantage of our new home with a hike up in Boulder. I just can’t get enough of being outdoors here! And thank goodness we’ve been doing so much hiking, as we’ve also been doing a ton of dining out – life is all about balance, right? 😉
So let’s get to the meal planning and prep!
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Dried parsley
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Maple Syrup
- Dijon mustard
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 small yellow onion
- Vegetables of choice for roasting to go with pulled chicken
- 1 pint strawberries
- 10 or 12-oz package baby spinach
- Orange juice
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1 ½ lb ground turkey
- 2lb chicken breast
- Protein of choice for the strawberry salad (I recommend chicken, steak, tofu or chickpeas)
- 1 loaf bakery-fresh ciabatta bread
- 16-oz marinara sauce
- Tomato paste
- 15-oz can tomato sauce
- Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Panko bread crumbs
- Cornbread mix (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 lb pitted cherries (can also use fresh)
- 7-oz frozen spinach
Sunday Game Plan
This week we’ll be prepping 3 of the 4 recipes on Sunday, so be sure to clear time in your schedule Wednesday or Thursday night to prep the protein that you’ll use for your Strawberry Spinach Salad at dinner on Thursday.
- Start by following recipe instructions for the Cherry BBQ Pulled Chicken, which is a slow cooker recipe. While the chicken is cooking, prep and roast vegetables for a side dish. Place roasted veggies in a sealable container. Next, make cornbread according to package directions. Make sure to keep ½ of the cornbread for the Strawberry and Spinach Salads on Thursday. Once the chicken is cooked, place in a sealable container, cool, then store in the fridge until Tuesday night.
- Next, follow directions for prepping the Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Strata, but wait to bake it until Monday night. Instead, store the assembled strata in the fridge then bake Monday night for dinner.
- Finally, follow directions for the Zucchini Noodles with Turkey Meatballs and enjoy for dinner on Sunday. Serve with remaining ciabatta bread.
- For the Strawberry and Spinach Salad, prepare all the ingredients (cornbread croutons, protein choice, salad dressing, and the salad itself) on Thursday night. Enjoy!