Happy Saturday! This week’s meal plan is all about foods that are easy to prepare completely on Sunday and have them ready to go the rest of the week. Hope you enjoy 🙂
As always, if you’re new to the THT Meal Planning Guides, be sure to check out the intro post first!
I don’t know about you but I was so in love with the heat-wave we had this week in Boston. While most cars were driving with their windows up and the AC on high, I was one of the crazies with my windows down just soaking up the sun. And once home the last thing I’ve been wanting to do is spend time in the kitchen cooking. That’s why this week’s meal plan is all about doing as much prep and cooking that you can Sunday so you can get out and enjoy the longer days once you’re home from work or school.
Also happy Father’s day weekend! Bry and I will be heading down to Connecticut to celebrate – fingers crossed the weather holds up. Whether you are able to physically spend time with your dad this weekend or live further away, I hope you find some time to send a message of love and gratitude to all the special dads in your life.
So here’s a toast to the dads out there – your job is definitely not an easy one (I know mine had to put up with quite a bit of teenage sass 😉 )!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- White whole wheat flour
- Olive oil
- Yellow mustard
- White vinegar (apple cider vinegar works fine)
- Minced garlic (refrigerated or fresh garlic)
- Dried basil
- Chili powder
- Ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 2 large English cucumber s
- 2 bags baby spinach
- 1 bag kale
- 1 large carrot
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 small zucchini
- Small container strawberries (or any fruit of choice for side spinach salad)
- Optional green onions for garnish on the lavash pizza
- 8-oz smoked salmon
- 1.5 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 package multigrain lavash bread (need 6 slices)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup quinoa
- 8-oz herbed cream cheese
- 5-oz Cream cheese, 1/3 less fat (can also use leftover herbed cream cheese if you buy a 16-oz block or container)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Unsweetened almond milk
- 7 eggs
- Korean BBQ Sauce
- 6-oz Sun dried tomatoes
- Small container pesto
- 1 can artichoke hearts
Sunday Game Plan
As mentioned above, this week it’s heavy on the meal prep as you’ll be making everything except for the pizza on Sunday.
- Start by making the crust for the quiche as it needs time to chill in the fridge. While the crust is chilling, prepare the cucumber and carrot for the Korean BBQ bowls, as you’ll want them to marinate in the vinegar while you do the rest of the food prep/cooking. Preheat oven to 350F for pre-baking the quiche crust.
- Once the quiche dough is ready to be rolled out, follow recipe instructions for rolling it out and pre-baking it in the oven. Continue following recipe directions of preparing the quiche filling, pouring the filling into the prepared crust, and cooking the quiche. Once cooked, store quiche in a sealable container in the fridge to reheat Monday night.
- Once your quiche is done cooking, increase oven temperature to 425F and follow instructions for baking the chicken thighs for your Korean BBQ Bowls. *Note: after cooking, set aside 1 large cooked chicken thigh to use for the lavash pizzas on Thursday.
- While the chicken thighs are baking, cook your rice (for the Korean BBQ Bowls) and quinoa (for the Quinoa Patties) over the stove.
- Follow instructions for making the salmon wraps. Cover each wrap in foil and store in fridge until ready to eat on Tuesday night.
- Once quinoa is cooked, follow recipe instructions for preparing the quinoa patties. Once patties are assembled (don’t cook them yet), store in fridge so that they will hold together a bit better during baking.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from oven and lower heat to 400F. Place prepared quinoa patties on a baking sheet and continue following recipe instructions for baking them. Once cooked, store in a Tupperware container in the fridge then reheat over the stove on Wednesday night. Note: these also taste good cold, so reheating is optional.
- Finally, once chicken and rice are cooked, follow Korean BBQ Bowl recipe instructions for putting the bowls together. Remember to set aside 1 chicken breast for the pizzas on Thursday.
- For the Sumac Chicken Lavash Pizzas, all you’ll do Sunday is prepare the chicken. Follow recipe instructions on Thursday night. Optional substitutions: if you don’t have sumac, you can use a blend of lemon zest and black pepper for a similar flavor. Also I used just a small squeeze of mustard instead of mustard seeds.