Happy Saturday and welcome to the first THT Meal Planning Guide! Wondering what THT Meal Planning Guides are? Go and check out THIS post first.
Okay, let’s get to meal planning! As a reminder, these plans are based on two people with the idea of eating leftovers for lunch. If you are cooking for one, you may want to scale back to just 2-3 out of the five recipes or freeze some of your leftovers for easy meals later down the road. Cooking for a family? Simply double the recipes, or if you don’t need leftovers for lunch then follow the plan as-is.
Weekly Meal Plan:
Sunday: Cajun Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits
Monday: Thai Chicken Pizza
Tuesday: Italian Wedding Soup
Wednesday: Thai-style chicken wraps (see recipe at bottom of post)
Thursday : Veggie Enchilada Casserole
Friday: Enjoy a night out or finish up any leftovers
Sunday Game Plan:
- Start by making the Italian Wedding Soup as it takes 8 hours in the crockpot. When adding in the carrots, save 1-2 for the Thai Chicken Wraps later in the week. You’ll also notice that the grocery list only has frozen kale. Since you will have leftover frozen kale from the Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits you can just use that. But if you prefer the texture fresh kale gives to a soup, feel free to add it to your grocery list.
- While the soup is simmering away, preheat oven to 375F and assemble the Veggie Enchilada Casserole. Partially bake the casserole for 20 minutes then allow to cool to room temperature. Cover tightly with a lid or foil and store in freezer until Thursday night. On Thursday, simply heat oven to 425F and cook casserole for 40-45 minutes, or until bubbling – no need to thaw the casserole first.
- Cook your chicken along with the casserole. Simply place chicken breasts on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through. Cut chicken into cubes and set 1 cup aside for the pizza and the rest for the chicken wraps.
- While chicken and casserole are cooking, slice the cucumber and remaining 1-2 carrots into thin match-stick strips for the wraps and set aside. Next, prepare your peanut sauce and slice the scallions and red bell pepper for the pizza.
- Store 1 cup cooked chicken with sliced red pepper and scallions in a Tupperware container and the peanut sauce in a separate container. On Monday for the pizza, all you’ll need to do is roll out the pizza dough, spread sauce over dough, and top with cheese and pre-prepped chicken and vegetables then cook.
- Store remaining chicken with cucumber and carrot slices. On Wednesday, all you’ll need to do is evenly divide chicken, veggies, peanuts/cashews, and leftover peanut sauce between four whole wheat wraps.
- Bread Crumbs (can sub in pulsed oats for the bread crumbs if desired)
- Cajun seasoning
- Chili powder
- Fresh or refrigerated garlic
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Natural peanut butter
- Optional peanuts or cashews for wraps
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 Scallions
- Fresh ginger
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 Persian Cucumber
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1.25 lb chicken breasts
- Corn tortillas
- Whole wheat pizza dough
- Whole wheat wraps
- Dozen organic eggs
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pearled couscous
- 4-oz Tomato paste
- 1 can corn
- 2 can beans (mix of black and great northern or pinto)
- 8 cups chicken broth