Ready in just 15 minutes, these veggie burgers are perfect for a quick meatless dinner or making a batch for lunches during the week.
One of my go-to healthy lunches for work is a veggie burger either with avocado and sourdough bread or over mixed greens with strawberries, almonds, and feta cheese. And while you can buy a box of frozen veggie burgers at the store, those are so often sodium-filled and lacking in flavor.
These veggie burgers take just 15 minutes to make and are extremely versatile. The fact that they’re also budget-friendly makes me love them that much more.
This recipe is a basic Italian-spiced burger, but feel free to swap out the spices, use flavored olive oils, and/or add cheese for different flavor variations. I made a batch this week with a Greek spice mix and crumbled goat cheese – so delicious! I topped them with avocado and some of my homemade sun-dried tomato jam.
Hope you all had great weekends! Bry’s dad and step-mom were out visiting, so we took the opportunity to get in a hike at Mount Sanitas up in Boulder. While I’d only done the hike once before, it was so much more fun/scary hiking it with the puppy. Bern is 4 months old this month and already a beast at hiking. As a lot of the hike is a scramble up some big rocks, I was constantly trying to find the most puppy-appropriate route up the rocks. Despite him still crying to be picked up to be put on the bed or couch, he would just leap up the big rocks as if he was part mountain-goat.
After such a fun weekend, it was so painful getting up for work. Even the puppy had gotten used to sleeping in (a.k.a 6 am instead of 5). So you can bet I have plenty of coffee and energy-boosting snacks packed for the day!
So here’s a toast to a tasty lunch break thanks to these simple patties!
Simple White Bean Veggie Burgers
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil separated
- Optional bun bread, or salad greens
- Toppings of choice I recommend homemade sun-dried tomato jam!
- Place beans, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mash with a fork until well-combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Once oil is hot, carefully add veggie burger patties. Cook 3-5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Serve patties with toppings and bread of choice. Enjoy!