The key to delicious sprouts is having simple, quality ingredients. A rich, slightly thick balsamic and a Tuscan herb-infused olive oil make these Brussels sprouts truly addicting.
Instead of a basket of candy for Easter, my mom got me a set of four infused olive oils from Evoo in Denver – best gift ever for a food nerd like me ;). After experimenting with the different oils, I’ve decided that having a few good quality infused oils is a necessity for the home cook. So often I feel like I have to make all these crazy combinations of ingredients in order to get that “wow” factor, but with infused olive oils, the flavors are just so bold and unique that all you really need are a few simple ingredients to drizzle it over for an impressive dish.
Brussels sprouts are one of Bry’s favorite foods, so you can bet that I’ve tried a bunch of different ways to prepare them. As delicious as those recipes have been, this was by far our favorite and happens to be the simplest. Just again, you have to invest in a good quality infused oil. But believe me when I say you’ll be using that oil repeatedly – definitely a worthwhile culinary investment!
I used a Tuscan herb olive oil, but feel free to use an Italian-flavored oil. I also included basic measurements for the oil and vinegar, but usually I just drizzle so that there is enough to lightly coat the sprouts without soaking them.
I’ll be experimenting more with the other oils, so be forewarned that you’ll want to treat yourself to a shopping spree at your local olive oil shop soon ;).
So here’s a toast to simple, quality ingredients!
Simple Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts rinsed
- 2-3 tbsp Tuscan herb-infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- Optional pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut ends off sprouts, remove bitter outer leaves, and cut sprouts in half. Place sprout halves in large mixing bowl.
- Toss halved sprouts with oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Place sprouts cut-side-down on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 18-20 minutes, or until bottoms of sprouts are nice and brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!