Yes, another pumpkin recipe. But I promise it is so worth it! Simple crepes are filled with the ultimate Fall-flavored filling: ricotta, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg. These may just be the cure to the Monday blues 😉
Despite snacking on almond ricotta bowls with mixed berries all last week, I still had a stubborn 1/2 cup of ricotta to use up. With various recipe ideas floating in my head, Bry and I had the perfect Fall-in-New England Friday evening: pumpkin picking and fresh-from-the-oven apple cider donuts. Now, I’m not a donut fan. Nor am I an apple cider fan. However, when you combine the two? Something magical happens. I spent the rest of the weekend dunking a plain apple cider donuts into mugs of hot coffee. Perfection.
But I’m getting ahead of myself. While we were walking around the farm store, it hit me: pumpkin ricotta crepes. Perhaps an odd revelation to have, but the coziness of the store had me dreaming of being comfy in bed with a plate of cinnamon, maple pancakes. But pancakes alone weren’t good enough. Pumpkin Ricotta Crepes, however, were just what my tastebuds were craving.
Now, these aren’t the fancy, indulgent crepes you get out. Instead, these are diet-friendly, low calorie crepes that are nearly foolproof to prepare. And if a pumpkin-ricotta filling isn’t your style, they would also be delicious with some Greek yogurt and fresh berries. But who am I kidding – pumpkin ricotta filling is everyone’s jam, especially when pure maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg are stirred in.
Now, I found these sweet enough as-is, but Bry recommends an extra drizzle of pure maple syrup over the top to take your taste buds straight to autumn heaven.
So here’s a toast to fully submerging yourself in the Fall spirit!
Skinny Pumpkin Ricotta-Stuffed Crepes for Two
- Pumpkin Ricotta Filling: 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Crepes: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional maple syrup to drizzle over the top
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin ricotta filling ingredients. Set aside.
- Place crepe ingredients (except for the additional maple syrup) into a blender and blend until well-combined. Place in the fridge.
- While the crepe mixture is in the fridge, heat a medium-sized skillet to medium-low.
- Once skillet is heated, begin making crepes. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet, turning the skillet so that the batter covers the bottom completely.
- Allow to cook until the sides of the crepe start to pull away from the skillet. Flip and cook an additional 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate then repeat with remaining batter. You should get about 6 crepes.
- Once your crepes are made, plate and fill each with a hefty spoonful of the pumpkin ricotta filling. Roll up then drizzle with additional maple syrup if you’d like. Enjoy!
Note: You may have leftover pumpkin ricotta filling, which makes for a delicious treat on its own! Just store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Adapted from SkinnyTaste