Roasted Kale Chicken Pizza with Cheesy Walnut Beet Sauce
Topped with juicy, lemon-pepper seasoned chicken, slightly crispy kale, and gooey mozzarella cheese, this whole wheat pizza gets even more addicting with the addition of my cheesy walnut beet sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 batch Whole wheat pizza dough homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup Cheesy Walnut Beet Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced baked or grilled chicken preferably seasoned with olive oil, black pepper, and lemon juice or zest
- 2 cups torn kale leaves
For the Cheesy Walnut Beet Sauce (makes 1.5 cups)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup roasted unsalted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 cup chopped cooked beets
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400F
For the beet sauce: Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until it forms a pesto-like consistency (mostly smooth, but with a few lumps). Save 1 cup for the pizza and store the remaining sauce in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface
Spread beet sauce evenly over dough, followed by mozzarella cheese, chicken, and kale. Note, if you like your crust extra crispy, don’t put the kale on right away.
Place pizza in oven and bake 20 minutes. For crispier crust, after 20 minutes add kale to pizza then continue to bake another 5-10 minutes.
Cut into 8 slices and dig in!