Healthy Cowboy Caviar
This bean and veggie mixture is the perfect healthy, crunchy, crowd-pleasing football food or side dish.
Servings: 8 cups
- 2 cans beans I recommend using two different kinds, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen, or canned
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cucumber diced,
- 1 jalapeno diced (remove seeds for a less spicy dish)
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch black pepper
Combine beans, corn, diced tomato, diced cucumber, and diced jalapeno in a large mixing bowl (preferably one with a lid).
In a small bowl or mason jar, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, Italian seasoning, honey, and black pepper.
Pour prepared dressing over the bean mixture and stir. Cover and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes (can easily prepare this the night before).
Before serving, add in diced avocado. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!