There’s nothing better than not having to do dishes after a meal. With these pineapple chicken foil packets all you need to do is throw everything into a foil packet, seal, grill, and enjoy!
Pineapple is one of my favorite foods to grill, and I am always looking for more ways to incorporate the juicy fruit into our daily dinner routine. Usually we end up just coring the pineapple (if you don’t have a pineapple corer yet go buy one now, you won’t be sorry!) then eating the pineapple rounds straight off the grill. This time, however, fresh pineapple adds a brightness to this otherwise straight-forward chicken dish.
Start by placing 3-4 oz of raw chicken breast on a square of aluminum foil. Bend the foil to create a bowl-like structure. Add in raw broccoli florets (or any other vegetable of your choice), a pineapple round, and drizzle sauce over the whole thing. Seal your packet up and place on a grill. Done. The only dishes you’ll need is a small bowl to make the sauce and possibly a cutting board if you aren’t using pre-cut vegetables.
These chicken packets are the perfect light, summer dinner. To complete your dinner, I recommend grilling up corn or potatoes to serve on the side. We had some leftover rice that we heated up to go with it. Whatever you serve with this, I hope you enjoy!
Here’s a toast to not spending your summer nights not doing dishes!
Pineapple Chicken Foil Packets
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 4 Tbs tomato paste
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 - 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 heads of broccoli or vegetables of choice
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced into rings
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into 6 equal slices. Lay out 6 squares of foil and place a raw chicken breast onto of each.
- Fold up foil to make a bowl. Add in vegetables and pineapple slices. Pour an equal amount of sauce into each packet. Seal foil packets.
- Heat grill on medium and cook 10 minutes, rotate packets, then cook another 5-10 minutes until chicken breasts are cooked through. Enjoy!
Recommend serving with a side of rice or grilled corn.