This one-pan Hummus Chicken recipe makes dinner-time deliciously easy!
This recipe is one Bry and I made all the time in college. It was just so easy to grab any vegetables we had leftover in the fridge or pick up ones on sale and toss them in a baking pan with chicken breasts then cover with hummus. Initially we would use store-bought hummus, trying out various flavors depending on what sounded good that day. Some of our favorites were lemon, 5-spice, and roasted pine nut.
But then we started making our own hummus concoctions, which made this simple recipe even more delicious. Regardless if you make your own or buy store-bought hummus, this meal doesn’t get much harder than spreading hummus on top of chicken breasts, drizzling with a little lemon juice and popping it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
And I apologize for the pictures. While this dish tastes delicious, it doesn’t look very pretty – but I promise once you realize how easy it is to make and clean up you won’t care how it looks 😉
Again any hummus will work. One of my favorites (and the one I used in these pictures) is a jalapeno corn hummus recipe from How Sweet Eats. I’m not a fan of tahini so I was stoked to find a tahini-free recipe that is still nice and creamy. She recommends peeling all of the chickpeas and it really does make a difference! But if you’re short on time feel free to skip that step.
So here’s a toast to finding more ways to get your hummus on!
Healthy One-Pan Dinner: Hummus Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 4 equal-sized pieces
- ½ cup hummus homemade or store-bought, any flavor
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place sliced zucchini and diced red pepper in 9”x13” baking pan and drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables in a single layer. Top chicken with dollops of hummus and spread hummus to completely cover the top of each chicken breast.
- Drizzle lemon juice over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and enjoy with a side of roasted vegetables or a salad.