This salad just screams “summer”: roasted (or grilled) corn, zucchini, and chicken combined with fresh strawberries, tangy feta cheese, and drizzle of balsamic vinegar on top of a bed of baby greens.
I love strawberries in my salads. I know there are total fruit-in-salad-haters out there, but in my opinion, nothing makes a salad more summery than putting fresh berries, watermelon, or peaches in it.
To keep with the light and summery flavors, I rubbed a Lemon Nantucket Poultry Rub over the chicken breasts prior to baking, but any poultry rub along with a squeeze of lemon would work just as well.
As it was raining the day I made this, the veggies and chicken were baked in the oven (all on one sheet – gotta love simple clean up 😉 ), but if you have a nice day and a grill at your disposal, I highly recommend grilling fresh ears of corn, thickly sliced zucchini, and whole chicken breasts.
As we have about a month to go before we make the move out west, Bry and I are starting to check items off of our bucket list. It’s crazy how quickly time goes by, but we’re trying our best to fully enjoy our last couple weeks out East rather than getting consumed with moving and the future. Buck-list item #1: heading down to NYC to see one of our close friends – check! And after all the dining out Bry and I could really use a fresh salad for dinner tonight.
So here’s a toast to fully enjoying where you’re currently at and trying not to get swept up in thoughts of tomorrow!
Chicken and Strawberry Summer Salad
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Poultry rub I used a lemon poultry spice blend
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F and cover large baking sheet with foil.
- In mixing bowl, toss zucchini slices, corn, 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Slice chicken breasts into thirds (long-wise). Rub remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over breasts followed by poultry rub. Place seasoned chicken slices in middle of baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Cut cooked chicken in to bite-sized pieces.
- Place at least 2 cups of mixed greens in each bowl, then evenly distribute corn, zucchini, chicken, and feta between each bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and enjoy!