Whether you’re looking for a savory breakfast or an easy weeknight dinner, these cheesy herbed feta scrambled eggs are sure to please.
It’s no secret by now that I love eggs for dinner. Not only are they an affordable protein source, but they cook up super fast and can be combined with countless ingredients. This recipe is something I came up with on the fly one night when I found out Bry wasn’t going to be home for dinner. As I didn’t want to make a whole dinner for just myself, I took it as an opportunity to throw a bunch of leftovers together quickly.
Thankfully among those leftovers was a container of Trader Joe’s herbed feta cheese. I mentioned it in my previous post on Wednesday, but it is seriously the bomb! I’m sure there are other brands that make an herbed feta, but if you can’t find any then feel free to use regular feta cheese and add a ½-1 teaspoon of a Mediterranean herb spice blend.
Besides the herbed feta, this is a pretty basic recipe of scrambled eggs with spinach served over multigrain sourdough toast.
So here’s a toast to cheesy eggs on toast – your answer to an easy Friday night meal or delicious Saturday morning breakfast!
Cheesy Herbed Feta Scrambled Eggs with Spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/8 cup herbed feta cheese
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1-2 slices of multigrain sourdough bread whole wheat or sprouted grain bread works too
- Heat medium skillet on medium heat. Lightly grease skillet with olive oil or butter.
- Add spinach to skillet to soften.
- While spinach is heating up, whisk together eggs and black pepper.
- Pour eggs into skillet, whisking frequently to scramble. Meanwhile, toast bread in toaster.
- Once eggs are nearly cooked (after about 3-5 minutes), add in herbed feta cheese.
- Removed cooked scrambled eggs and place on toasted slice(s) of sourdough bread.