It’s amazing how quickly stress can build up. For the past few months life has slowly started getting busier. Between planning a wedding, new changes at work, starting this blog, and general day-to-day events (a.k.a meal planning, finding time to work out, and all the joys of getting a car registered in a new state), my stress level was reaching new heights. It seemed like the smallest things would set off the frustration-tears, and poor Bry had to live with this stressed out mess. Needless to say I needed to find some inner calm. Enter in a free two weeks of yoga.
I practiced yoga a bit in college, but it was always more of a workout. Something I felt I “should” be doing. As a result, I never got hooked. But when our friend offered up a free two weeks pass to a studio just 5 minutes from our apartment I couldn’t pass it up. I am now officially addicted. After leaving my first class, I felt like someone had hit the reset button in my body. And what’s even better is this feeling has comes after every class since then.
This smoothie bowl has become my go-to pre- or post-yoga meal. There’s just something about yoga that makes me want to eat a big bowl of fresh, healthiness and what’s more refreshing and healthy than a green smoothie? Start by placing a big handful of spinach in a blender with your milk of choice. (Because this is a smoothie bowl, you’ll want to use less milk than you would with a smoothie.) Blend until smooth, then add in ½ a frozen banana and a scoop of protein powder. Pour into a large mug or a bowl. Top with banana slices, chia seeds, and a scoop of natural chunky peanut butter.
Here’s a toast to nourishing both your body and mind!
- 1 large handful Baby Spinach (about 1 cup)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I used Sunwarrior chocolate protein powder)
- 1/2 Banana, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbs Natural Chunky Peanut Butter
- In a blender, combine spinach and almond milk until the spinach is fully blended (you don't want any little pieces left). Add in banana and protein powder. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a large mug or bowl. Top with banana slices, chia seeds, and peanut butter.
- Nutrition: 350 calories, 12 g Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 42 g Carb, 10 g Fiber, 20 g Sugar, 23 g Protein