Getting back into the swing of meal prep with THT Meal Planning Guides: Week 22!
So I’m embarrassed. I’ve been severely lacking in the THT Meal Planning Guides posts lately. And while I have been busy with the new job, I honestly don’t have a great excuse (unless you count going to The Great American Beer Fest, doing a ton of dining out, getting back into running, going on hikes with the husband, and binge-watching Parenthood on Netflix as all valid excuses). But I hope this meal plan makes it up to you, as it is packed with simple recipes – perfect for a busy Fall.
I also want to warn that there will not be a meal planning guide next weekend, as instead you’ll get a bonus post for the monthly Recipe Redux challenge – a fair trade I think 😉
As always, if you aren’t familiar with my THT Meal Planning Guides, be sure to check out the intro post first!
- Sunday: Cast-Iron Cowboy Chicken (you’ll also need this recipe for the Cowboy Caviar)
- Monday: 5-Ingredient Green Chili Chickpea Burgers (option to serve on a bun, between slices of sourdough bread, or as a salad)
- Tuesday: Simple Kale and Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Wednesday: Fall Veggie and Ricotta Sandwiches
- Thursday: Vegetarian Mexican Sweet Potato Bowls
- Friday: Dine out
- Chia seeds
- Condiments or dressing of choice for veggie burgers
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Italian seasoning
- Pork rub spice (or other southwestern-flavored spice blend)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Honeycrisp apple
- 4 small-medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato (for veggie sandwich)
- ½ lb brussels sprouts
- Cherry tomatoes (use the remaining cherry tomatoes from the pasta dish in the cowboy caviar in place of a large tomato)
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 avocado (option to buy 1-2 additional avocados if adding to cowboy caviar and/or veggie burgers)
- Optional salad for veggie burgers or green lettuce for burgers if serving over a bun/as sandwich
- Sourdough bread
- Optional burger buns for veggie burger
- 1 package spicy Italian chicken sausage (pre-cooked)
- 1 lb chicken breasts
Dairy and Eggs:
- 4-oz fresh parmesan cheese
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 8-ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- Bowtie pasta (or any other pasta noodles)
- 2 cans black beans
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 4-oz can hatch green chilies
- Sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- 24-oz frozen corn
Sunday Game Plan
- First follow instructions for making the cowboy caviar. Store in fridge while you do the rest of your Sunday meal prep.
- Next, roast your vegetables for the veggie sandwiches. Follow recipe instructions for cutting and roasting them. Store in a Tupperware container and reheat in the microwave (or in a skillet) on Wednesday night, then assemble sandwiches per recipe instructions. Option to also roast your 4 smaller sweet potatoes for the Mexican Sweet Potato Bowls at the same time. Once the other vegetables are done roasting, you will want to increase the oven temperature to 450F and cook another 30-40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Since we’re talking about the sweet potato bowls, option to prep the beans and corn Sunday night and store along with cooked sweet potatoes, reheating 2 portions-worth on Thursday. However, this is a really quick recipe so you can also cook the whole recipe Thursday (option to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave to cut down on cooking time).
- Moving on, prep your veggie burgers for Monday night by following recipe directions. Store formed, but uncooked patties in fridge overnight then cook on the stove Monday morning. Option to serve your veggie burgers over salad or on top of a bun/sourdough bread.
- Finally for Sunday night, follow recipe directions for making the skillet cowboy chicken. Serve cooked chicken over the prepared cowboy caviar.
- We will not be prepping the kale and chicken sausage pasta tonight, as it’s much better made the night-of (Tuesday) But don’t worry, it’s another quick recipe!