It doesn’t get much more summery than this week’s meal plan: bison burgers, strawberry salad, lots of zucchini and fresh corn, veggie wraps, and pizza (with a twist)!
After weeks of dining out all the time, this past week felt so good as lunches and dinners were all homemade – my stomach was very happy. It also just felt so good getting back into the kitchen, as there’s something so relaxing to me about preparing food. But as a treat tonight we’re heading to El Five with my parents and cousin. For any of you Denver residents, have you checked it out yet? I’m super excited as I love the owner’s other restaurants, Linger and Root Down!
As always, if you’re new to my meal planning guides, be sure to check out the intro post first!
- Sunday: Juicy Bison Burgers
- Monday: Corn and Lentil Chowder
- Tuesday: Chicken and Strawberry Salad
- Wednesday: Soy-Ginger Tofu and Beet Wraps
- Thursday: Thai Chicken Pizza
- Friday: Leftovers or out
- Brown sugar
- Fresh or pre-minced garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Canola oil
- Reduced sodium soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Dried red pepper flakes
- 3 ears corn (2 for the soup and 1 for the salad)
- 5 small red potatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato (for burger)
- 1 pint strawberries
- 4 small beets or 3 medium ones
- Green onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- Mixed baby greens
- 1 bag slaw (I used one with carrots, cabbage, and brussels sprouts)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced pepper jack cheese
- 4-oz feta cheese
- Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 container extra-firm tofu
- 5 lb chicken breast (1 lb for the salad and 0.5 lb for the pizza)
- 1 lb ground bison
- Multigrain Flatout Flatbread Wraps
- Whole wheat hamburger buns
- Fresh whole wheat pizza dough
- Green lentils
- Low sodium vegetable broth (1 quart)
- Natural peanut butter
Sunday Game Plan:
Get ready to do some serious vegetable chopping and prep work this Sunday! The goal is to have everything (except for the pizza) prepped and ready to go, including cooking the chicken and making a big batch of the peanut sauce. A note on the peanut sauce: I recommend following instructions to make the sauce on the Soy-Ginger Tofu and Beet Wraps. It will likely make more sauce than you’ll use on the wraps, so you can use the leftovers for the pizza on Thursday. If you’re slightly short of a ¾ cup of sauce on Thursday, simply make a half batch of sauce to add to the leftover sauce from the wraps. Gotta love using up leftovers in a different meal 😉
- Start by boiling your corn, which you’ll use for both the chowder and the salad. Once boiled, shave off kernels of one ear of corn and set aside for your salad. Next, shave off the kernels of the remaining two ears and place in a separate bowl for your chowder.
- Next, heat oven and prep your chicken by drizzling with olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Bake chicken breasts per recipe instructions. Once cooked, set a small portion aside for the pizza. Place the other cooked breasts with the corn for the salad.
- Finish preparing the salad ingredients by cooking the zucchini per recipe instructions. Place cooked zucchini along with the cooked chicken and corn for the salad in a Tupperware container. Wait to add the greens, feta, and dressing until Tuesday night. On Tuesday, simply finish putting together the salad per recipe instructions.
- Next, follow remaining instructions for the chowder. Once cooked, place in a large Tupperware container, bring down to room temperature, and place in fridge until Monday night for dinner.
- While chowder cooks, make your peanut sauce per recipe instructions on Soy-Ginger Tofu and Beet Wraps. Place sauce in a bowl or mason jar and store in the fridge.
- To finish up preparing for the pizza, simply dice the red pepper and green onions. Place in a tupperware container with the small portion of cooked chicken. Store in fridge until Thursday. On Thursday night, follow recipe instructions for assembling and cooking the pizza.
- Next, make your Soy-Ginger Tofu and Beet filling by following recipe instructions. Store filling in the fridge then assemble wraps on Wednesday night.
- Finally, make you bison burgers per recipe instructions. Enjoy for dinner on Sunday!