We are keeping with the summer-theme this week, with two fresh salads on the menu. However, to balance out the salad-feast, there’s Italian baked chicken and a simple asparagus frittata. Enjoy!
As always, if you are new to THT Meal Planning Guides, be sure to check out my intro post first to get the low-down of how they work!
- Sunday: Chicken Rollatini with Spinach Alla Parmigiana via Skinny Taste with side salad and bread
- Monday: Asparagus Frittata with Ricotta Cheese with whole grain toast and fruit or side salad
- Tuesday: Beet and Falafel Salad
- Wednesday: Leftover chicken rollatini
- Thursday: Mint Peach Quinoa Salad (option to add extra protein), serve on top of mixed greens
- Friday: Dine out
- Italian-seasoned bread crumbs (I used oats instead and added dried Italian herbs)
- Baking powder
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- ½ bunch asparagus
- Fruit of choice for side fruit salad to go with frittata
- 2 peaches
- 3-4 beets
- 2 packages Mixed baby greens
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 lemon
- Fresh mint
- 8 thin chicken cutlets
- Optional protein to add to quinoa salad (I used tofu, but chicken, chickpeas, or shrimp would work great!)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8-oz ricotta cheese
- Feta cheese
- Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Bread of choice (for toast)
- 8-oz marinara sauce
- Banana peppers
- 1 can chickpeas
- Frozen spinach (at least 5-oz)
Sunday Game Plan
This week is a tad easier as there’s just 4 recipes to make, with one of those being a quick and simple frittata. So let’s get to the meal prep!
- I would start by making the tzatziki sauce and falafel patties for the Beet and Falafel Salad. The sauce will stay fresh in the fridge for a week, so just store that in tupperware or a glass jar container. For the falafel, you’ll want to prep the patties on Sunday then bake them Monday after your frittata is done cooking. It’s up to you if you want to keep all the salad ingredients separate, combining them on Tuesday for dinner and Wednesday for lunch. Or you can pre-portion them out into 4 containers – but I would recommend leaving out the tzatziki sauce until serving as the salad would get too mushy.
- Next, follow the directions for the Mint Peach Quinoa Salad, as it works best as a chilled salad. For the optional additional protein, it is up to you if you want to cook this on Sunday or wait until closer to Thursday for freshness. I used tofu for mine, so I went ahead and cooked it on Sunday then mixed it in with the salad to chill in the fridge. For added volume, I recommend serving the quinoa mixture on a bed of mixed greens.
- Finally for Sunday, prepare the Chicken Rollatini per recipe instructions. This will be your dinner Sunday and lunch Monday. For serving, I recommend a side salad and crusty Italian bread.
- For the frittata, you can cook it on Sunday if your Monday looks crazy. However, I recommend making it fresh for dinner Monday night and reheating the leftovers at lunch on Tuesday. I suggest serving this with whole wheat toast and a fruit salad on the side.