Here’s to another gorgeous summer weekend! With the weather being so nice out, it can be challenging to spend a few hours Sunday grocery shopping and prepping meals, but I promise that future you will be so happy you did 😉
This week’s meal plan features some of my favorite summer-flavors, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- Sunday: Lemon Chicken and Farro Soup
- Monday: Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps via Domesticate Me
- Tuesday: Zesty Greek Turkey Burgers
- Wednesday: Grilled Tempeh Banh Mi
- Thursday: Mediterranean Flatbread (option to add chickpeas or cooked chicken for extra protein)
- Friday: Dine out
- 6 cloves garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sriracha sauce
- Olive oil mayo
- Black pepper
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- 4 large carrots
- 2 cucumbers
- 8-oz shitake mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 8-oz bean sprouts
- 1 head butter lettuce or green leafy lettuce
- 1 lime
- 2 lemons
- Fresh mint
- Optional green onions for garnish
- 8-oz feta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 8-oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1¾ lb chicken breasts (1 lb for soup and ¾ for Thai Lettuce Rolls)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 packages tempeh
Breads and Grains
- Panini slims or roll of choice for Bahn Mi
- Rolled oats
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Sun dried tomatoes
- 1 can artichoke hearts
The Sunday Game Plan
This Sunday is truly a “prep” night in the sense that you will be prepping a lot of the ingredients for the recipes, but waiting until the night you plan on eating the recipe to fully assemble the dish. Enjoy!
- Start by preparing the tzatziki sauce, which you will use for the turkey burgers and flatbread. Store in fridge.
- For the turkey burgers, follow recipe instructions. Store in fridge until Tuesday night. Reheat either in the microwave or on the stove.
- For the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps, follow recipe instructions for the veggies and chicken (don’t assemble lettuce wraps). Save filling in the fridge. Reheat and assemble lettuce wraps on Monday. Note: these also taste good cold from the fridge if you want to skip the reheating step.
- For the Tempeh Banh Mi, follow instructions for preparing the tempeh and veggies. Store in fridge. Then on Wednesday, reheat the tempeh in the microwave or stove. Prepare Sriracha Mayo and assemble sandwiches.
- For the Mediterranean Flatbread, except for the tzatziki sauce, you will prep and cook this on Thursday night.
- Finally, follow directions for making the Lemon Chicken and Farro Soup – this will be dinner Sunday. For leftovers, it’s a pain in the butt, but I recommend keeping the farro separate from the rest of the soup otherwise when you go to store it, the farro will soak up all of the broth and you’ll be left with chicken and farro but no soup.