Happy Saturday! With summer on it’s way I think that it’s time to really delve into summer-time flavors. This week’s meal plan features plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits, some grilled chicken, and delicious spinach artichoke enchiladas that even meat-lovers will enjoy.
I am beyond excited for today as Bry and I are doing a 30-mile walk around Boston, Cambridge and Somerville. When we found out we would be moving to Colorado, we started making a bucket list of things to do before we left. And this walk was the first thing on that list. If you’ve ever been to Boston then you know that it’s a walking city. Yes there’s the T, but reliability of it isn’t always great and good luck trying to park your car anywhere in the city. Plus, with each neighborhood being so distinctly different, you truly have to walk the city in order to feel like you belong here.
While the walk is a way for us to reminisce about the amazing 8 years we spent out here, it’s also the perfect excuse to stop at all our favorite restaurants and coffee shops. For sure on the list: coffee with a Greek yogurt parfait from Three Little Figs and a cannoli from Modern Pastry in the North End. Be sure to check back next Friday for a recap of our Boston walk!
And as always if you’re new to the THT Meal Planning Guides be sure to check out this post first!
- Sunday: Grilled Chicken Tacos with Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
- Monday: Beet Burgers with side of roasted asparagus (or any other vegetable on sale)
- Tuesday: Spinach Artichoke Enchiladas via Cookie + Kate
- Wednesday: Summer Chicken and Strawberry Salad
- Thursday: Leftover Beet Burgers
- Friday: Dine out or leftovers
- Rolled oats
- Whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Dried basil
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Lemon poultry rub
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- Large container strawberries
- 1 large zucchini
- 12-oz mixed baby greens
- 12-oz baby spinach
- 3 large beets (or 4 small)
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- 1 small red onion
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 lb skinless chicken thighs
- Sourdough bread
- 8 taco-style soft tortillas, preferably whole wheat
- 8-oz feta cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 4-oz sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8-oz artichoke hearts
- 1 4-oz can green chilies
- 1 15-oz can black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels (if planning to grill your vegetables buy 1-2 ears of fresh corn instead)
Sunday Game Plan
For this week’s meal prep, the plan is to assemble all the recipes, but wait to actually bake the beet burgers and enchiladas until Monday and Tuesday night. Fore the chicken, you’ll notice that the tacos use grilled chicken while the salad uses baked chicken. If you don’t have a grill, I recommend baking both sets of chicken at the same time on Sunday night. If you do have a grill, then you have the option to instead grill all of you chicken as well as the vegetables for the salad. Just note that the chicken salad uses corn kernels, so if you end up grilling you will want to buy whole corn stalks instead.
- Prepare beet burgers and enchiladas according to their recipes, but stop before cooking them. Instead, store the beet burgers in the fridge overnight to help the mixture stick together better then bake on Monday. For the enchiladas, cover your baking dish with a lid or foil with option to bake them at the same time you bake the beet burgers on Monday then reheat on Tuesday or just bake the fresh on Tuesday night.
- Next, prepare ingredients for the strawberry chicken salad. As mentioned above, option to bake or grill the chicken and vegetables along with the chicken thighs for the tacos. Store cooked chicken breast and roasted vegetables in a sealable container then finish preparing and dishing out the salads on Wednesday.
- Finally, prepare the grilled chicken tacos with strawberry avocado salsa per recipe instructions. As mentioned above, if you don’t have a grill or the weather isn’t great, feel free to bake the thighs along with the chicken breasts from Step 2.