Happy Easter weekend! Just in case you won’t be eating leftovers all week for dinner, here’s the meal plan for next week. Happy egg hunting tomorrow!
And as always, if you’re new to my meal plans, be sure to check out the intro post first.
- Sunday: Easter dinner
- Monday: Simple Kale and Chicken Sausage Pasta
- Tuesday: Sweet Potato and Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
- Wednesday: Korean BBQ Chicken Pizza, served with a simple kale salad
- Thursday: Tempeh Sweet Potato Sandwich
- Friday: Dine out
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Maple syrup
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Thyme (dried)
- Dry pasta (I used bowtie, but any kind will wok)
- 1 Red onion
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 lb sweet potatoes (1.5 lb for Shepherd’s Pie, the rest for Tempeh Sandwich)
- 2 avocadoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag kale
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 lime
- Optional sprouts for sandwiches
- 1 package spicy Italian chicken sausage
- ½ – ¾ lb chicken breast
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 bag green lentils
- 1 package whole wheat pizza dough
- Sprouted-grain or whole wheat bread
- Shredded white cheese
- Parmesan cheese (I still had leftover cheese from last week’s meal plan)
- Soy creamer
- Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
- Tomato paste
- Pearled barley
Sunday Game Plan
If you’re busy with Easter this Sunday, meal planning may get moved to Monday (like it will for me). Okay so here we go!
- Start by heating your oven to 350F. Follow the steps for preparing and cooking your tempeh and 2 sweet potatoes for the sandwiches. If you have room in your oven, also bake the chicken breast for the Korean pizza.
- After tempeh and slices of sweet potato are cooked, place in Tupperware and store in fridge until dinner Thursday. All you’ll need to do is slice up an avocado and assemble the sandwiches (option to reheat the sweet potatoes and tempeh the night you eat them).
- For the Korean pizza, once your chicken is baked, dice and place in Tupperware container. On Wednesday, while the oven heats up, steam your broccoli, roll out the pizza dough and assemble the pizza per recipe instructions.
- For the lentil shepherd’s pie, prepare the lentil and barely filling. Microwave remaining sweet potatoes, mash with soy creamer and nutmeg then place on top of the lentil mixture. Cover cast iron skillet with foil and store in the fridge overnight. Heat in oven on Monday night per recipe instructions.
- Finally, for your actual dinner on Monday, simply follow the instructions. This recipe goes fast so I recommend cooking and eating before doing your meal prep or waiting until your meal prep is done to start cooking it.