If you live in the Northeast, chances are you’ve gotten super excited about the forecast for next week: 80 degrees Tuesday?! I’m so excited! With the warmer weather finally here (hopefully. . .it is New England after all ;)) I’m starting to transition away from soups and heavy casseroles to lighter dishes. This week’s meal plan reflects this in-between transition time. Slightly lighter ingredients, but not quite ready for salads and grilling just yet.
New to my meal plans? Be sure to first check out this intro post. Happy planning!
- Sunday: Hummus Chicken
- Monday: Overnight Egg Casserole
- Tuesday: White Pizza Quinoa Bake
- Wednesday: Beet burgers with side salad
- Thursday: Leftover white pizza quinoa bake
- Friday: Leftover beet burgers
You’ll notice there’s only four recipes this week as both the Beet Burgers and White Pizza Quinoa Bake make 8 servings.
What You’ll Need
- Rolled oats
- Flour (all-purpose or white whole wheat)
- Olive oil mayo (optional for beet burgers)
- Olive Oil
- Basil, dried
- Italian Seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Thyme (dried)
- 1 head broccoli
- 3 red beets (medium-sized)
- 2 avocados
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 bag salad greens
- Optional fresh basil for garnish
- 1 container hummus
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Loaf of sourdough bread
- Dozen Eggs
- 8-oz Cottage cheese
- 8-oz feta cheese
- 8-oz shredded parmesan cheese (you will also use parmesan cheese in next week’s meal plan, so I recommend buying a large block and shredding it yourself at home to save some $$)
- 8-oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- Unsweetened almond milk
Sunday Meal Prep Game Plan
- This week you’ll be prepping everything but waiting to cook some of the meals until the night-of.
- Start by prepping your overnight egg casserole and place the assembled, but unbaked, casserole in the fridge and cook on Monday night.
- Prepare the beet burgers and form into patties. Store unbaked patties in the freezer until Tuesday night and let defrost in the fridge until ready to cook Wednesday.
- Prepare and cook the hummus chicken to be eaten Sunday night. While the chicken is baking, start prepping the quinoa bake. Once the hummus chicken is done cooking, increase the oven temperature to 425F and bake the quinoa while you eat dinner. Store cooked pizza quinoa bake in the fridge to reheat on Tuesday night for dinner.
So here’s a toast to another week of healthy meals!