Whether you’re planning a relaxing breakfast near the lake, a picnic near the beach, or a BBQ in the backyard, make sure to get your fill of fresh summer produce with these healthy berry-filled recipes.
There’s just something so right about eating berry-filled meals and snacks on the 4th of July. Maybe it’s the patriotic colors or the fact that the 4th is when it truly feels like you’re in the midst of summer, but whenever I start putting together a menu for this weekend I always envision berry French toast or pancakes for breakfast, fresh fruit salad with grilled burgers for dinner, light sangria to sip, and a berry trifle to finish off the night.
Ever since I can remember I’ve spent the 4th of July near a lake with friends and family around. The 4th always meant going for boat rides, swimming, ice cream, playing cards, and of course fireworks. However this year will be quite different. I will still be on a lake, but it will be in the middle of mine and Bry’s road trip out to Colorado, in a place completely unfamiliar to both of us. Unfortunately this also means no planning of menus, or making our own patriotic treats, but I’m sure we’ll be able to find some all-American food in Ohio 😉
So here’s a toast to having fireworks-worthy meals this Fourth of July!
- Have breakfast prepped the night before with this Berry French Toast Casserole
- This Rhubarb Berry Baked Oatmeal from Edible Perspective is the perfect summer flavor combination
- Be the hero of the potluck with this Berry Quinoa Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Simply add some blueberries for the ultimate 4th of July-worthy salad: Chicken and Strawberry Summer Salad
- One of my favorite desserts on the blog, these Light and Lemony Cheesecake Bars are a true crowd pleaser. Simply trade out the strawberry roses for blueberries and raspberries, which you can press into the top of the cheesecake prior to baking.
- Nothing says 4th of July more than this Red, White, and Blue Berry Trifle from Skinny Taste
- Cool off with these patriotic Berry Cheesecake Bomb Pops from Lively Table
- This Lemon Raspberry Mojito from Food Faith and Fitness is the perfect sunny-day drink
- Keep things simple with this Easy Berry Sangria from Damn Delicious